Check the Status of a Traffic Ticket

Check the status of your speeding ticket, court dates, fines and where to dispute

Check the status of traffic tickets and fines online.

Get information about tickets or fines, where to pay and how to request a trial.

On this page

  • Overview
  • Check the status of a traffic ticket or fine
  • Where to pay a traffic ticket
  • Scheduling a trial

Speeding Tickets & Fines in Ontario

In Ontario, the management and resolution of traffic tickets and fines are governed by the Provincial Offences Act. This act encompasses a range of violations including parking infractions, violations under the Highway Traffic Act, and various non-criminal offences.

Non-criminal offences extend to breaches of municipal laws, the Liquor Licence Act, the Fish & Wildlife Act, and the Trespass to Property Act, among others.


In Ontario, the Provincial Offences Act sets out the rules for:

Non-criminal offences would include violations under the municipal laws, Liquor Licence Act, Fish & Wildlife Act, Trespass to Property etc.

Check the status of a traffic ticket or fine

You can check the status of your traffic tickets and fines, issued under the Provincial Offences Act.

You cannot check the status of tickets or fines for:

  • parking tickets
  • criminal matters
  • cases under appeal
  • cases with publication bans
  • charges involving anyone under 16 years of age

Before you search for a traffic ticket

Make sure you have the location code and offence number printed on your traffic ticket or notice, so you can look up your case.

If you’ve received a “summons” (an order to appear in front of a justice of the peace) you will need the case number on the summons. If you don’t have this information, or you’ve lost your ticket, contact the municipal court office in the jurisdiction where your traffic ticket was issued.

Where to pay a ticket or fine

To pay a ticket or fine, issued under the

  1. go to the online system
  2. enter the information for the traffic ticket
  3. you will be directed to a municipal court office website, which will tell you how to pay your ticket

Scheduling a trial

You cannot schedule a trial online.

To ask for a trial, you must follow the instructions printed on the back of the traffic ticket.

If you don’t have this information, or have lost your ticket, contact the municipal court office in the jurisdiction where your ticket or fine was issued.